Tuesday, October 7, 2008

30

Ok, anyone who has had a conversation with me lately knows (maybe too well) about my anxiety and despair over turning 30 in less than a month. I know for some people this is not a big deal, but for me i think i'll just want to hide in the closet all day and mourn the death of my 20's. Remember when you were little and you knew people who were 30 (i.e. your parents) and you thought wow, that is soooo old. Well, now I am here. Is it really that old?

In an effort to make myself feel better, I have compiled a list of a few things I did in my 20's. A list filled with things to make me feel like I did not waste away a decade.

1) Traveled to London, Paris, Amsterdam, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, Canada, Mexico and across the U.S.
2) Graduated from USU with a BFA
3) Moved to NYC
4) Got my first real job in Advertising
5) Got my second real job in Finance
6) Married David
7) Moved to Utah so David could catch up to me in life
8) Moved to Colorado
9) Started my own business
10) Had 2 beautiful, wonderful babies
11) Bought 3 amazing houses and had the greatest time decorating them
12) Moved back to Utah
13) Watched both my babies start Pre-school

And here I am. 29 days from saying goodbye to any age starting with a 2. As a precaution to make sure I don't end up in that closet, I have made a goal to work out for 20 days in this month until the big day comes. Maybe I can ease my pain by trying to be a hot 30 year old. I started yesterday so 1 day down! Please feel free to share your woes from turning 30 too.

3 comments:

paige said...

30 will be amazing and we are going to have a glorious time celebrating!

The Olsons said...

I think that I feel the same way about 30 even though I have a few more months to go! It just freaks me out! I am starting to think that botox isnt such a bad idea after all.:) And when I am reading a magazine and they list the age of someone who is maybe a year or two younger, that freaks me out because I think "do I look that old". I could go on but..
You look great and have nothing to worry about!

Farrah said...

I did not have any angst about turning 30 and I think that is because I still do not really believe I am 30, let alone about to turn 32. In my mind I am a spry 26 or so. I refuse to see otherwise, even though Jon lovingly informed me the other day that I look "older" lately...