Sunday, May 10, 2009

Being a Mommy

The greatest thing that has ever happened to me in my life is having someone call me "Mommy". Obviously, the day each of my children were born changed my life but each day after that has my made my life better and better. I don't think I could love 2 people more than I love my Afton and Grayson.

I love all the little conversations I have with them. Their new little insights on life. Like Grayson telling me yesterday, "Mommy, everybody has a shadow, right." I love all the cute songs they come home from school or church with. Afton has so many little songs she has learned this year. She'll just be helping me clean or do a chore, and then suddenly break into song. I love that about her happy little spirit.

I love how polite my children have become. I can't help but have a smile on my face every time I hear a please or a thank you or a cute little compliment come out of their mouths. It is so rewarding.

Being a mother is amazing. I have to be honest, there are days when I don't want to be anyone's mother. Just putting one foot out of my bed seems too daunting. But having my kids jump into bed with me and snuggle either side of me every single morning gives me the greatest feeling any person could have. It's Love. I feel privileged to know what it is like to love someone so much, you would truly do anything for them. Life isn't so much about me anymore. It's about them.

Not everyone gets to be a mother. I am blessed and I don't take one day for granted. I hug, squeeze, kiss and love those kids every chance I get. I tell them I love them about 50 times a day. I wish I could keep them this age forever.

Afton and Grayson-
Thanks for giving me the greatest Mother's Day. I love you!

3 comments:

Somer Love said...

ahhh SO stinkin cute! You are a VERY good mommy Brooke! Lets do lunch Thurs if you can! XO

megan thomas said...

cute picture! I love your family pictures too. So cute. We need to get together sometime, we haven't seen you guys forever. I have my nephew this whole week. Perhaps next week?

Farrah said...

Oh, that's an adorable picture!!!!!! You need to have another one. : )