So today, I finally bit the bullet and made my way to Ulta for a new hairbrush with Grayson in tow. I picked a new one and some shampoo and was ready to go. I got up to the register and of course was bombarded by their promotional offer. This time it was an "opportunity" to come back for a consultation next Saturday with Dermalogica. Normally, I always refuse no matter what the offer is. This time, I told them "No thank you, I'm not sure I'll be around and I'll call to make an appointment if things change."
Of course, they wouldn't take "no" for an answer. The girl kept asking me in different ways and then I could feel her eyes staring at my skin and the giant pimple I had just formed on my chin. She gave that look like "I really think it would be in your best interest to have our skin specialist take a look at you and get rid of that disgusting thing on your face". After feeling like that, how could I say no? I have had breakout after breakout lately.
I left the store disgusted with myself. How could I fall for that stupid marketing ploy? All I wanted was to buy a hairbrush.
3 comments:
we really enjoyed catching up with you over Christmas! i especially loved watching the concert in the family room :) hopefully next time we'll all be feeling a bit better!
i hate people like that in stores. i refused to do things like that at my last job and i think they hated me for it. but i really didn't care because i despise it when store clerks do that to me. so obnoxious.
Oh my gosh, this is cracking me up! Let us know how the consultation goes.
Post a Comment