Thursday, January 8, 2009

Winter Woes

It's cold.  It's snowy.  It's windy.  It's cold.  Why does every winter seem like the worst one ever?  I know last winter was very snowy and bitter in Colorado but I can almost swear it's worse this year in Utah.  It could be that we live on a mountain where the wind never seems to quit.  It could be the alleged global warming.  Yeah, right.  All I know is that it is only the beginning of January and I only have visions of Summer.

Obviously, I am not a Winter person.  I don't enjoy any of the "wonderful" Winter activities.  I do have a few things that are getting me thru this season though.  The first one is (or was) our trip to sunny California.  It was so warm and delightful.  One day it was nearly 80 degrees.  Pure Heaven.   The memories of that trip have helped me get thru the last 3 snow storms we had this week.  


The second is one the best things that has happened to me this Winter.  Uggs.  I have always held off buying them because I thought they were just a trend.  But I have to tell you, they are the most wonderful thing to have during the winter.  I wear them at least 4 days a week.  They are so warm and cozy inside... kind of like giving your feet a hug.  And you don't even wear socks with them.  I really love the sparkly paisleys on the pair I got.

The third thing is an amazing gadget that we got for one of our 12 days of christmas that David's mom did for us.  It is a hot chocolate maker.  It is also a frother.  I think we have already used it about 10 times.  The kids and I love making a cup of hot chocolate after dinner for our little treat.  It's from Williams-Sonoma by Bialetti.  It you love making the good stuff (like the kind made actual chocolate flakes), I highly suggest you pick one up.

The fourth thing is a new bag I got for Christmas.  I love having a new beautiful bag to cart around town with me.  It's a Kate Spade and I really think her newer lines of bags and shoes are so adorable.  I take that back.  Desirable.


The last thing was a present from my parents. A collection of samplings from Estee Lauder. Every day I get to pick new eye shadow combinations. And having a new skin regimen has been really great too. Winter can be really harsh on your skin and having a great skin cream makes all the difference.

Well, as I close this post, I just peeked out my window. Can you guess what I found? You're are right, SNOW.

3 comments:

Jana said...

Brooke, I totally sympathize with you on the winter woes! It's the only season I try to just get through. Seattle has had way too much snow and rain already and everything shuts down even with an inch of snow.
Regarding your previous post, my sister swears by using eyelash primer first. I know Clinique sells one, but I'm sure others do too. It makes any mascara better.
Sorry we missed you guys when we were in UT over Thanksgiving. We were really hoping to visit you but the weekend went way too quickly. We are thinking about heading back down there this summer. Hopefully we can catch your family then. Happy New Year!
-Jana

paige said...

this winter is horrible and i'm pretty sure i have seasonal affective disorder. i really think it would be easier to handle if i didn't have a life outside of my apartment and didn't have to venture out into the snow. all i have to say is that this winter better not last until june like it did last year. i think a warm vacation is in order, too bad i have school and am incredibly poor. oh life.

Somer Love said...

Love Love Love UGGS!!!!

Ok so my niece just wanted to hang at home we didn't leave at all! She had so much fun with the babies they are exhausted! What day are you available next week? call me