Saturday, January 3, 2009

Lash Obsessed

Have you ever been presented with that hypothetical situation - If you were stranded on a desert island and you could only bring one cosmetic product what would it be?  My answer is Mascara.  To me, it is the ultimate beauty necessity.  I could have a ton of make-up on and no one would even notice till I had my mascara on.  During the summer, it's all I wear (besides sunscreen) on my face.  My lashes are so blonde, it makes a big difference.

I love trying new mascaras.  I have a new favorite every couple of months.  It always seems like I am happy with it at first but in about a month, I am over it.  My last Mascara was DiorShow.


It was voted the best mascara for 2008.  I really didn't think it was anything special, besides the fancy packaging.  Within 2 months, it got so clumpy that it was really doing my lashes a disservice.

I am now using Estee Lauder's MagnaScopic.  It came as a sample in a gift I got from my parents.  It is a pretty good mascara - really lengthens the lashes.  My only qualm is that lashes look really thin with it and if I don't wear a liner, it looks like I don't have anything on my lashes.


So, again, I am in search of a new mascara.  There are two I am very intrigued by.  Have you tried them?  Givenchy Phenomen Eyes and Lancome's Oscillation mascara.

I think the idea of a new round brush is really cool.  I wonder if it works.


A vibrating brush?! Who would have imagined? I am very interested to know if this works or is strictly a gimmic.

Do any of you have a favorite mascara you would suggest?  Have you tried any of these?  Do you have a make-up product you couldn't live without?

6 comments:

Sarah said...

definitely tinted lip gloss! my lips have nearly no color and i feel naked without it... i saw a cheesy infomercial late last night for rotating battery powered mascara - 2 for only $19.95! seriously, by the end of it, i nearly picked up the phone. too good to be true?

Somer Love said...

Vibrating brush??? Its a gimmic for sure I love Dior show!!! Als 2 by Clinique not sure the names. Maybe let's hit the mall next week. Call me and will plan something for next week. I can't wait to see you. and if you need any more help with your blog I can help you with that too!
XO

merideth said...

i love the pink and green packaged kind of mascara... i don't know the brand. it is cheap and i think it works good.
as for my favorite beauty thing.. i do not have one at the moment. i desperately need to go get some. something to cover the bags under my eyes would be great.

paige said...

mascara is definitely the greatest thing to happen to women. i just buy max factor because it is cheap and gets the job done. i am almost always disappointed by the "nice" mascaras.

p.s. love the new template

megan thomas said...

Love the new blog! I agree with the mascara, I would die without it. I am always on the hunt for new mascara, but I always go back to Lancome Defenicils. Yes, its 25 dollars, but it never disappoints. The givenchy mascara wand makes me nervous. I don't get it? and something about a vibrating wand that close to my eye?....

Farrah said...

Whoa you updated the look of your site! I love it! I think I couldn't live without my MAC Studio Fix powder and a good blush. Well, and a good lipstick. Speaking of which, I just got a new tube of the Chanel "Spark" color that I shared with you. That's definitely a fave.