
Baby #3 at 25 weeks
So I have been in the nesting stage for a couple of weeks. It started a little early this time because even though I think I will go full term, I feel the urge to be prepared just in case.
Luckily, I ordered the crib a couple of months ago and thanks to a visit from David's mom last month, we have a car seat, stroller, swing and a few other basics. Thank goodness. Due to my not so subtle hints, David got everything set up ready to go within the last two weeks. I honestly wish I could do that stuff myself. I hate asking people to do anything for me.
But I am still in a panic about diapers. How many do you need? How many of newborn size? And when do they grow into size 1, 2? I ordered a pack of 86 newborn size diapers and thought that was great start until David brought me to the realization that that will last us a week and a half.
I have just been stalking the internet for the best deal but is there a brand that has the best deals? Is there a better place to buy diapers? I need help and I am way out of practice.
Then there is formula. I think I will try to breast feed for a little while if it goes smoothly. Even when I did that with the other two kids, I still had to supplement. I know that I need to stock up when I find a good deal and I have found a few. But again, which brand is the best? Where is the best deal? Is generic better?
On to clothes. Up until Friday, I had 4 size 0-3 outfits. After sending the nanny to the gap for me (with a 40% coupon) I now have about 10 in that size. Is that enough? I am guessing not, but how long are they in that size? I also now have 6 onesies and I know that is not enough. How many do you need in 0-3?
I totally feel like a new mom and somedays I sit here and obsess about all the new things we need for a baby. I have to do my best not to get overwhelmed.
One thing we do have is a name. Finally. First, middle and last (of course). I am not ready to share with the world yet but I feel totally peace about what to put on his birth certificate.
So, any mommy advice? What do I need?
7 comments:
Hey Brooke! My new favorite way to get great deals on diapers is on Amazon- here is a link to the site that I learned about the deals on there and how it works...(you join amazon mom for free... etc, let me know if you have ?'s, but I am sure you will be able to figure it out.) I LOVE that I don't even have to go to the store for the best price :) Best of luck with everything!
http://www.babycheapskate.com/2011/01/15/top-diaper-and-formula-deals-of-the-week-136/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2Faxic+%28Baby+Cheapskate%29&utm_content=Google+Reader
Ashley
woohoo 30 weeks. hang in there. there is a lot of people thinking of you and that sweet baby. i hope the next ten weeks fly by.
and i am sure you will bounce back so quick to your old self. don't even worry about it.
i can't wait to hear his name.
my fave thing for my babies are the baby gowns over a onesie. i would say have 12-15 onesies of a size and those gowns to go with it. so cute.
so exciting. we think about you daily. you'll have your package this week i hope! can't wait to hear his name!
Ooooh, I can't wait to hear the name!!! I bet it's a great one. Does it kill you to have to send a nanny to buy those items for you?? Half the fun is picking out all that stuff yourself!! I totally think you need those 0-3 mo. (and 3-6 mo.) gowns from Baby Gap. Best. Thing. Ever. I never found that I used onesies that often myself.
Btw, good job keeping your blog updated while you're maxing and relaxing on bed rest!
Hey Brooke! Glad to hear things are going ok. I agree with Merideth. 12-15 onesies should be good. As far as diapers, we used newborn pamper swaddlers for the first month and then went to size 1-2 costco diapers until he was about 5 months old. Now Logan can't have anything but costco diapers and wipes or he will get a rash. At first we used similac formula which was fine but looking at the ingredients, Costco brand formula was basically the exact same and much cheaper.
I hope this helps. Let us know if we can do anything.
Brooke,
Since we're back in the baby stage, you would think I'd remember how many diapers, clothes, etc. we needed, but it's all a fog. Plus, it really depends on the baby. Evelyn has been growing much faster than the boys did. I would say roughly that she was in newborn diapers for the first few weeks, size 1 for about a month, size two until around 5 or 6 months, and then size 3 by 6 months. I like the Pampers Sensitive Swaddlers for newborns, but after that I only buy the Huggies and Target Up and Up diapers. Target's diapers are the cheapest and they have deals every once in awhile. They're not the best for baby blowouts though. Probably better for toddlers :)Costco gets good deals on Huggies too. In fact, right now they have a store coupon that makes them pretty cheap. My babies always had sensitive bums at the beginning and so I only used the sensitive wipes for about the first month. Lansinoh, Huggies, and Pampers all have good ones.
Nate did a bunch of research on formula when I was hoping to get this one to take an occasional bottle. He found that the Kirkland Brand was the best deal for regular formula and Walmart's Parent's Choice was the best deal for organic formula. Any formula you buy in the U.S. has to meet very strict guidelines - so you are safe with any brand. Unfortunately, none of my babies like the taste:(
At the beginning, I liked having about 4 gowns, 4-6 sleep and play outfits (preferably with a zipper instead of snaps), 6 onesies, socks, and hat. I don't think you can have too many blankets for swaddling - different sizes and thickness. I heard the big muslin ones are good for swaddling and not overheating your baby, especially in the summer months.
OK, I think this was the longest blog comment I've ever written! :)
Good luck! Can't wait to hear the name and see pictures of your little guy!
Post a Comment