Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Gratitude

Being able to have all this "down time" has given me a lot of time to think. That can be good and bad. But today, it was good. I thought about the things I was sooo grateful for today. It is always good to make a gratitude list and when you do, it seems to get longer than you think it will.

1) The Nanny we hired. Her name is Libby and she so fantastic. Yesterday she shoveled the driveway with Grayson while I was stuck at the hospital. And today, after she took Gray to Karate, she built a snowman with him in the front yard. She is so great. It is going to be hard when she leaves.

2) I am so grateful (and who wouldn't be) for my house cleaners. They came today and my house looks and feels so good. Who knows what I would do without them right now. Can you picture me laying on the floor, scrubbing the floor?

3) My husband. David. He does pretty much everything for us right now. He is kind of my errand boy. He is always willing to do whatever I need and constantly asks me what I need. What a guy.

4) My kids, of course. They are being so good during this hard time. Sometimes, they get sick of me just laying here but most of the time they are happy to play in their rooms or entertain me. Just this morning, Grayson was laying in bed with me which he does every morning. He started sniffing me. I asked him "How do I smell?" He said "like this" and then proceeded to show me how to sniff someone. I couldn't stop laughing and tried to rephrase the question. I said "no, what do I smell like?" "Like Beautiful" he said. Such a charmer.





5) My pregnancy pillow. Best purchase ever and so glad I thought of it so early in pregnancy.
6) Our new mattress. I am so glad we decided to get one after all. After the expensive fridge repair, we had to downsize the mattress budget but we still found a great one and it has made such a difference.

7) A somewhat sunny day. We don't see the sun very much around here during the winter and it is such a gift when we do. I was able to catch this sunset from my bathroom window.


8) Dinners. I was very reluctant to receive any food from my ward, but I am so glad I finally excepted. They feed us 3 nights a week and it is relief to not have a peanut butter sandwich for every meal. Plus the dinners have been delicious. Most nights, we don't even have left overs.

9) Friends and family that have taken the time to stop by or pick up the phone to see how I am doing. It means so much just to know that people are thinking of me. Bed rest can be really isolating.

10) And finally, I so thankful for this little guy cooking in my belly. Although, I might feel miserable, I am grateful every little kick and every ultrasound that confirms that he is growing and looks perfect so far. 4 months ago, they only gave him a 50% chance of surviving and now if he were born today, he would most definitely be just fine. I am grateful for the blessings, prayers and submissions of our names to the temple that got us here.


After looking at this list, I am kind of the luckiest girl in the world and quite possibly spoiled.


1 comment:

Farrah said...

I'm so glad you're getting meals 3 times a week! That's awesome! I was laughing so hard at the Grayson sniffing thing. Of course - that is just how their mind's work. Too cute. Btw, do I get to know your baby name?! Text me yes or no. : )