Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Waiting

Well, here I am, still pregnant. Who would have thought that I would make it this far? I am just about 39 weeks and there was a time when I thought I would be lucky to make it to 32 weeks. Who is this baby? First, he wants to come way too early and now he is happy not to come at all. Is this a sign of my future with this kid?

So, now I am just waiting. I am scheduled to be induced on Tuesday, March 29th. I can't wait. There is finally going to be an end to all this and I finally get to hold my new baby boy in my arms. Having my body back to myself is an added bonus.

So I have been off bed rest for nearly 3 weeks and at first it was so fantastic. I got so much accomplished that I had been pining to do. But the past week has been so hard. This baby feels like he has tripled in size and I feel like I can barely get around. Although working at a snail's pace, I am doing my best to be productive and really soak up this time with Afton and Grayson while I still can.

While I was on bed rest, I also tried to stay productive. It wasn't easy. Some days seemed a lot grayer than others. I am so glad I did what I did though.

I made a book of the kid's blog.

I read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl who Played with Fire. If I get everything done that I need to this week, I will start The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest this weekend.

I also read 12 Hours Sleep in 12 weeks. It is a great short book on getting your baby to self soothe and sleep for 12 hours during the night as soon as they eat enough during the day.

I also made books of the kid's birthdays through the years. They love them.

I got caught up on their blog from the past year.

I completed all levels of Angry Birds on my Ipad.

I ordered a closet full of diapers and wipes at the lowest prices I could find.

I made a plan for the baby's room and ordered what I could to get it done. It is a running joke at our house that I should really have my visa number memorized because I used it daily for 3 months. I must have a really bad memory because I still have no idea what it is.

I made Amazon and the UPS lady my best friends.

I watched some really horrible and some really great movies.

I saved a ton on maternity clothes and make-up because I just wore sweats everyday and found no reason to even put mascara on.

I know I probably did even more than that but to be honest, I think it is best that I just forget those days of being stuck in bed and focus on the future. As soon as I got off bed rest I did some spring cleaning. David helped me clean out the pantry, cupboards and cabinets. I got the nursery 99% done with the help of Hollie (David's mom) and David. It looks great. I will post pics very soon. I also got baby stations set up around the house with Hollie's help.

And now, like I said, I am exhausted. I am so glad my mom is here this week to help pick up the slack. Did I mention David is out of the country? Yes, perfect timing. He has been in Europe since last Friday and returns this Sunday. I really didn't want him to go because I was convinced that this was the week that I would deliver but there was nothing either one of us could do about it. Luckily, it looks like this baby is waiting for him.

Yay! A baby's coming! A baby's coming!

2 comments:

AOKI CIRCUS said...

Thanks for the update. I've been thinking about you all week. Also did you see the movies that the Europeans did for the 'Dragon Tattoo'? I would highly recommend. I think they did a great job. You can get them on Redbox.

The Olsons said...

Well I hope all has gone well! Been thinking about you alot! Hopefully I will get to see you when we are in Utah!