Friday, May 23, 2008

...I will be called "ma" 100 times a day

Many of you may know that I have a sweet little boy that is extremely attached to me. Oh, Grayson. He is 2 and his speech has developed incredibly in the past few months. My sister, Paige, was staying with me a couple of weeks ago and pointed out that Grayson calls me "ma" quite often. She wondered if David had taught him to say that due to his love of "Little House on the Prairie". I had never really noticed what Grayson calls me, just that he calls me quite often. After she brought that to my attention, it was all I could hear and he says it just about after every sentence.  

"need more drinks, ma"
"love you too, ma"
"wanna watch scooby-doo, ma"
"need my dragon shoes, ma"
"wanna sleep later, ma"

It is pretty hilarious.  I can't stop mimicking him, I just think it is so funny.  Who knows where he learned this speech pattern or if it will stop.  All I know is that it is quite entertaining just to hear what comes out of my children's mouths on a daily basis.  

Last week Afton started saying "aye, aye Captain".  At first Grayson got pretty mad when she would say it to him.  He would say, "I not Captain, I KING!"  He is obsessed with being king and gets very upset if you suggest he is anything less.  I think after a few days, he finally caught on that she wasn't really calling him or claiming to be anything so he started saying it too with hand motion and everything.  Then Afton started turning to me and saying "aye, aye Captain... I mean Your Ladyship!"  So funny, where do these kids learn these things?

Just tonight, Grayson was trying to go to sleep but was having a hard time.  Of course, he wanted to be rocked, sang to, tucked in and given fresh cups of water.  I did all of those things for him so that I could just get him to sleep and move on with my evening plans.  David finally went upstairs to check on him and say goodnight but Grayson said "I'm tired Dad, leave me alone."  What a kid.




5 comments:

paige said...

oh my goodness, your kids are just too precious and hilarious. i still can't get over afton saying that i need to get a boyfriend, even my three year old niece can recognize it...is that a sign?

merideth said...

it is amazing what kids say....sounds like grayson is quite the cutie.

Farrah said...

Grayson only wants to be a king...haven't we always said he is a mini David?! Too funny. And "aye aye your ladyship" is pretty awesome too. When do you get out here?

Doug, Kalee, Jonah, Nora, and Gavin said...

Seriously, where do they come up with this stuff? And why do I never see you even though you live so close?

Doug, Kalee, Jonah, Nora, and Gavin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.