I have decided that I just need to get over it and concentrate on the things that I really do love about Fall. So, here are a few of my Fall-vorite things:
1. Football

Go Broncos! I love the sound of a football game playing in the background on a Sunday afternoon.
2. TV

I am fully aware that I don't have a life and that I will actually have to use all my dvrs just to record all my Thursday shows. I am so excited to get a full season of my favorite shows this year. What show are you looking the most forward to this year?
3. Fashion

Anyone who knows me knows I love clothes. Fall is the best time to dress. Boots, shoes, JACKETS, tights, dresses, jeans, bags and more JACKETS. I can't get enough. I wish I had an unlimited budget just for my fashion habit. Maybe someday.
4. Back to School
Being back in Utah this time of year brings back memories of going to Utah State (class of 2000). I just love seeing all the school supplies in the stores. The feeling this time of year reminds me of trips to Salt Lake with my roommates, rushing Chi Omega and "Porch Time" at Campus Corner. Oh, good times.
5. New York, New York

Oh, how I love New York City in the Fall. The weather is amazing and Central Park has to be the most incredible place on Earth. I know this is strange, but I just love smelling the Autumn city air there. Every year, about this time, I find a way to catch a flight back.
What do you look forward to in the fall?
3 comments:
So, I must be a Debbie downer because 3 of your favorite fall things are what I dislike most about Fall. First, football. Nothing wrong with the sport, but the lack of everything my husband usually is this time of year. 2nd, I love summer clothes and I especially hate having to take 10 minutes to dress everyone warm enough just to get in the car, and boo hoo, no more flipflops. 3rd, I hated back to school as a kid, so now when I see isles of supplies I want to reach for my zanax and cry because summer is over. Now for the positives. The leaves. The smell. The Holidays. The yummy comfort food. And of course, I'm right there with you with the Fall lineup of shows. It is a lovely time for DVRs. Can we please plan a trip next year for new york. So fun.
You need to make your NYC trip longer this year. :)
(any ideas on dates?)
AMEN SISTA! I envy all the college kids packing up to go, I find myself looking in all the back to school ads to see what the latest dorm attire is. Sometimes I wish I could pull my couch out onto our porch and pretend I was back at USU with my Abba gals.
Fall has a refreshing feeling from the super hot heat, but I too do not look forward to the snowy winterland we are about to embark on.
I love fall because I get to wear my hoody jackets (love them), with jeans and FLIP FLOPS! It's my way of holding onto summer for as long as I can.
Fall is fun for the colors too, taking hikes is great this time of year.
Post a Comment