Sunday, November 23, 2008

My big surprise

Last weekend, I was getting us ready for church and I could hear a big commotion going on downstairs in the basement. I knew David was down there so I was wondering what in the world was going on. Just when I was about to go down there to investigate, David stopped me and blocked my path. He told me that I wasn't allowed down there because he was "building" something. I have seen many things he has "built". I was scared of what was going on down there. However, I complied with his request because I was much too busy. When I got home, he was still working away but I just tried to not let the curiosity get the better of me. Finally, later that night he told me he was done and I could go downstairs. I made him wait this time. But when I headed down there, I could not believe my eyes. David had unpacked a whole room and turned it into my very own craft room. He decorated it and everything. It was probably the most thoughtful, nice thing he had ever done for me. I have been in a good room ever since.





6 comments:

Somer Love said...

Ummm when can he come do this to one of my rooms???

becky said...

Wow! What a great room and such a nice thing for David to do. It looks wonderful.

Farrah said...

Wow, I'm highly impressed!!!!

merideth said...

oh my goodness. it looks amazing!! five stars for dave.

Jena Hendry said...

What a fun surprise! I would love a room like that! How fun!

Bowen Family said...

Ok, now that is sooo thoughtful, go David! I am so impressed he did such a good job, I couldn't have done better it I planned it for a year!

Jami