Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Stuff

October was a very busy month for our little family.  I went on a trip with some girlfriends to Island Park in Idaho.  It was so beautiful there.  We stayed at my friend, Sabrina's "cabin" which was amazing and shouldn't really be labeled a cabin.  More like a Mansion.  It was right on the lake and we were spoiled with beautiful views everyday.







Sabrina and I drove up and back together. On the way home, we stopped at this cool park called Bear World. They had a neat set-up for kids with amusement rides and a petting zoo. Then they had this fenced-in natural park where you drive thru and bears come right up to your car. It was amazing to see so many of them up close and personal. If you are ever near Idaho Falls (and I don't know why you would be) definitely stop by, it is so worth it.



While I was gone, David was also gone to a trade show in San Antonio, TX. I don't think he had as much fun as I did and he came home even less impressed with Texas. Paige took care of the kids for us and I don't think Afton and Grayson missed us one bit. Paige is such a good second mom to them. We love her!

The next weekend, the whole family headed to Los Angeles for visit with David's family. We had such an amazing time. The weather was amazing and everyday was fun. We swam, shopped and made an exciting trip to Disneyland. The kids "earned" it of course. I made them give away half of their toys, do chores and follow the sleep rules for a week. Bribery is a great thing. We took the kids to disneyland back in February and it was fun. We just hung out in fantasyland most of the time and everybody had a great time. This time was a little different. Afton was now tall enough to ride almost all the big rides and just couldn't get enough of all the roller coasters. Her favorite ride was Space Mountain. I just loved hearing her giggle the whole ride when most kids her age would be peeing their pants.

Grayson on the other hand, has turned into a complete scaredy cat. He held onto David the whole time on the Jungle Cruise which couldn't be more mild of a ride. He started screaming on Pirates of the Carribean and wouldn't look at anything the whole time. He kept his baseball cap over his face the whole time during the Haunted Mansion. I know he isn't even 3 yet but I think he is turning into a little pansy. Gotta toughen that boy up. His favorite ride was the Carousel.





After we got back, we jumped right into Halloween festivities. It was so much fun. The kids were so excited and it was fun to watch them. They were good little trick or treaters and wouldn't even approach any door was the least bit scary. The best part was when we sorted all their candy when we got home and they gave me most of it. Grayson only likes suckers and Afton only likes tootsie rolls. I don't know about you but when I was a kid, I would have gladly given all my suckers and tootsie rolls away for the "good" candy. I am glad they don't know what they are missing. It works out for everybody.

The election was today. Thank goodness. I can't wait for all this to be over and for our economy to recover.

In other news, I turn 30 tomorrow. I think I am finally at peace with it. Today was the last day of my 20's and it was just like any other day. 30 is going to be new and exciting. New adventures, new people and all with the knowledge I acquired in my 20's. I can't wait to see how my kids will grow in the next ten years. Although, I have to tell you I love who they are right now. Nothing makes me prouder than seeing how polite they are and intelligent they are becoming.

So, the next time I get a chance to post on my blog. I will be a "wiser" 30 year old.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Bradley, Hannah and I hope you enjoy a wonderful 30th birthday!

merideth said...

happy happy birthday brooke. our thirty's are going to rock. hope you have a fun day.

oh yeah and by the way... you need to ask dave how he was when he was younger on roller coasters. he would scream like a baby. i think one time they stopped the ride to let him off. so i am sure that is where grayson gets that from.
haha funny memories.

Juliet said...

Happy Birthday Brooke!

Somer Love said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

XOXOOXOX

megan thomas said...

sooooo.....you survived the day! I must say, I was a complete chicken when I was younger when it came to rides. I still get a little nervous when I go on Space mountain. At least you know Gray would be just as excited to go to South Town Mall and ride the merry go round.

Jessica said...

Oh Brooke, This is Jessica from USU. I found you the most random way. I was looking at Somer's Facebook pictures from taste of SLC, and you just happened to be in one of them. I got so excited to see and hear that you and "David" :)are married with TWO kids!
I am so happy to have found the both of you. Shauni and I were actually wonfering about you guys the other day when we were talking.
Honestly my dear, you do not look a day past our days at USU!!! So here is to out 30's, they are going to be fab.
Please give David my love.(it is a bit stange calling him David).

I would LOVE to get together with you guys and the kids. Keep in touch

Jessica said...

with a few mispells! :)